Evaluate energy demand to determine the technology and methods of energy production
International Year 2 Engineering
LO1 Evaluate energy demand to determine the technology and methods of energy production.
LO2 Discuss current energy efficiency measures, technologies and policies specific to the building and transportation sectors.
LO3 Analyse the control techniques of power electronics for renewable energy systems
LO4 Investigate the impacts of renewable resources to the grid and the various issues associated with integrating such resources to the grid
Assignment Brief and Guidance:
You are working as a Senior Power Electronics Engineer at Rotork controls. Your job includes various responsibilities as an engineer, in addition to research on new methods of creating energy using renewable energy sources and impact of current energy sources on environment. You have to write a report on the following tasks.
Explore the demand of energy sources and the environment effects due to them. Write down advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy sources and discuss range of renewable energy technologies and their costs. Critically evaluate them.
Task 2 • Discuss and evaluate current energy efficiency measures, technologies and policies
specific to the building and transportation sectors.
- Apply modeling of energy management in a building or electric vehicle using Matlab/Simulink (or equivalent)
- Evaluate the dynamic performance of a power electronic converter for a given renewable energy source and calculate the energy and cost savings against conventional power sources, including consideration for development and installation costs
• Analyse applications of power electronics related to renewable energy sources and critically evaluate the dynamic performance of integrating renewable energy sources to the smart grid network using a standard industrial based software, such as Matlab/Simulink software.
- Simulate a simple power converter for a typical renewable energy system using a standard software package such as Matlab/Simulink (or equivalent
- Write about the use of power converters in modern electrical drive systems and critically evaluate them.
- Analyse the power electronic converter topologies and their principles of operation
Research and write about the following topics
- Operation of smart power system
- Operation of standalone and grid connected renewable energy systems
- Features of smart grid network and analyse how power converters are used in them.
- Determine the importance of power electronics in smart grid and energy storage
- Evaluate the issues associated with integrating renewable energy sources to the grid and critically analyse it by using Matlab/simulink software
Get Assignment Help Now...!
Areas We Cover
What Do we give you ?
- 100% assignment help satisfaction
- Quality and affordability
- Unique , original and plagiarism free assignments
- 24/7 customer support help desk
- Highly qualified and globally certified subject faculty
- On-time delivery